Tuesday, October 30, 2007

it really is the end of the school year.

sometime during april this year, i stared at my "MLTU (medical learning and teaching unit i think) - used to be called MEU (medical education unit)" online timetable. It was bare, even though I had finished surgery at that time because the folks at MLTU isn't the best when it comes to efficiency. Results/Lecture notes take a while to be ulploaded. This is something that we have all learned to 'accept' over the past few years here in adelaide. and when we do not accept the nonsensical 'technical errors', we all pull our hair in frustration and bitch non-stop about it.

I distinctly remembered thinking to myself: "damnit!... when would the end of the school year approach? Would I be able to fill up this list with some decent grades?"

In a blink of an eye, ok maybe a few more blinks than that, I am absolutely DONE with the year. like done. like no more medical home units and surgery home units for a long time. i think the med/surg placements in 6th year are probably the closest thing to them. it's just plain surreal thinking about it. It wasn't too bad whilst it lasted, but I want to move on. I want to learn new things (say O&G, peds etc etc) and I want to gather fresh experiences under my belt. In fact, I felt like I couldn't sit still and wait for all this exam crap to pass so that 5th year could start rolling in.

As I handed in my last assessment form for the year to Ann Francis (the lovely lady sitting at the front desk of clinical studies in Eleanor Harold), it was a true sign that, YES I AM REALLY DONE for the year.

I am just hoping I wouldn't have to repeat all this!! O.O

No comments: