Monday, January 05, 2009

Guest Speaker Today.

Victor Chia and his take on our stay in London.

Enjoy!!

__________________________________


The London Times Article 1/?

After a painfully long (14+ hours) flight, I wearily stepped out into the cold air of London. Made our way down to the accommodation hoping feverishly that it would actually be there and that it would be decent. Thankfully, the accommodation turned out to be fine.

First meal in London: MacDonalds, geez how boring can I get? In my defense, it was 10 pm at that point, and the MacDonald was just down the road. Now I know Daphne is just bursting to tell you of the joke that happened at the MacDonald, so I must say it first as a means of damage control. I ordered a chicken legend meal (something which I am quite sure is not available in Sg or Aus), which I ordered cause the picture looked cool. The lady then proceeded to ask me in her “What drink would you like”, in my jet lagged and tired state + throwing in her heavy accent, I answered “wholegrain”. As you can imagine, the lady just stared at me and repeated her question. I honestly did hear her ask me “what grain bread would you like?” With that meal, the first night in London ended.

Second day in London.

Woke up at a ridiculously early hour of… 6 am! I blame the jet lag. Met up with some of Daphne’s friends (Fidel, Andy and Yue Ping) for lunch at the Four Seasons restaurant near Leichester Square. Now for those who don’t know it, the Four Seasons restaurant is famous for their roasted duck. After devouring a whole duck between the five of us, we proceeded to hyde park for what was left of the Christmas fair. All I can say about the fair is that it was cold and I think I should have brought more winter wear.


________________________________________

to be continued....


No comments: