Tuesday, December 30, 2008

psyched about london!

Not sure if it was such a bright idea to do the elective in January. My brain is so damn rusty and all I ever want to do all day long is to have fun, chill out and do all the things I like to do. However, I am super hyped up about London! not that I have yet to visit this city but it just has this vibrant and addictive energy that keeps sucking me back that way.

This trip is probably going to be less touristy, already planned 2 musicals, as well as short dashes to Paris and Manchester. I am quite determined to try the famous macarons from the shop Pierre Hermes. Their website was all in french. goodness me. but the endless pictures of pretty pastries and cakes obviously cheered me up and put me in the right mood. haha. i guess yummy food transcends countries and languages. The Manchester leg of the trip is probably more for the victor who is a in-and-out MAN U FAN. that freaking stadium better have some cool shit if not i will scream my frozen self off.

Of course, I also hope to get a good feel of life in the ICU. spent some time in PICU, trying to see if there are differences to an adult ICU. Just hoping I will not be too moppy after seeing those very ill patients. Plus the gloomy weather London is SO famous for. I hope we will not run into too much of those rainy and dreary days.

BUT for nowwwww... it's only 2 more days to a brand new year!...I was dreading 2008 this time last year but i'm glad it still turned out to be a pretty good one. Phew.

Happy New Year guys.. :)
All the best for 2009!! *cheers*

No comments: