Sunday, December 17, 2006

bling blings in my mind

i spent a freaking long time today exploring the world of bling blings - chanel, LV, Loewe, gucci and what nots. every label shone and all of the goods were screaming "buy me! you will look fantastic when you carry me around".

and i don't know what got over me but i suddenly felt a tinge of jealousy.


Why did i choose to do med? a career with not alot of bling blings and a big intrusion on personal life and stuff. a careeer which doesn't always repay you for the sacrifices you put in it. a career that takes away far too long of your time, your youth and your money. (yes medical course costs alot thank you very much) thus leaving behind very little for the bling blings you need in your life - be it pretty handbags or nice cars or big houses.

For once, I wished that I was in banking. Or investments. or something along those lines. I have a friend whose starting pay in a consulting firm is 5.5 K. Which frankly, is something I would only earn *count fingers* 5 yrs from now if I am terribly lucky.

Hai. for now. bling blings shall only be an eye feast, not a wallet trip.

No comments: