Tuesday, February 20, 2007

happy things

things that made me smile this past week

1. cny gathering on saturday.

it was a massive laugh-till-ur-head-drop session. factor in the truckload of yummy food that everyone brought along with them, add in a few ang moh friends who were game enough to stuff themselves silly with us, mix in singlish and stupid jokes!...was a great night. and all achieved without alcohol. the angmohs were so bewildered.

"you guys sound like you are bloody high on drugs or sth"

the cleaning up was horrendous though

2. cny card from an old friend

huiqi.. my fellow crescent classmate and NCC friend, sent me a cny card all the way from sg! she'd asked me for my address a long way back and i totally forgot about my little conversation with her in december. it's just so heart warming to know that people remember about you and puts in the effort to find out how you are and stuff. and sec 1.. was a damn long time ago. like 10 yrs ago. like in 1997. like when my crescent blouse was bright yellow and starched up and the peacock blue skirt was covering my knees. like when all i cared about was school and NCC.

3. an unplanned valentine's day dinner

with flowers!! i think this is like the 3rd time i've gotten flowers from vic. we went for yakitori on melbourne street. as yummy as ever! :) but yeah, the flowers were a big surprise.

4. results from last semester

nothing to say, except it was WAY better than expected :) and the fact that it made my mummy happy and reassured that i wasn't just partying my life away in adelaide. she thinks im a awful daughter who squanders money and sleep too much. (can't say that is false..lol)

No comments: