Wednesday, December 28, 2005

my 2005.

everyone seems to have written about their year and i have not. so i better start writing. next few days are filled up with lots of outings and bbq. i don't really know where to start. perhaps a chronological order would be nice. and orderly. haha.

start the year off in singapore. summer hols are always good. had a blast of a 21st birthday before i left for adelaide. so many people, so many things to do. so many talk. parties are always so fun but so tiring. managed to catch up with alot of people that one single night.

went back to australia earlier than the others so as to sit for my medical sups. haha i didnt fail them and thus got promoted to year2 ;) moved into my new place soon after. my housemates were so nice to me all the time. and i guess they always felt i was a little kid that needed looking after. hee. well i didnt mind. there were always some one to talk to, or some poodle to tickle and throw bone for. but i think i was somewhat lonely? i don't know. living with 2 other people was so different from college life. i missed the friends that i made in college.. all the late night talks, walks to pizza house to have supper and partying out together. but at the end of the day, i grew up and learnt to live by myself.

travelled alone all the way across the big desert to melbourne. stayed at tim's place, which is really quite funny because i haven't seen tim since we left jc. but he was such a wonderful host, giving up his bed for me.. and i also visited wong. and i followed them to uni. haha. except i was just being extra. and i had the whole of melbourne city to explore on my own. i ventured out to the suburbs, taking trams by myself.. walking down streets after streets. making new friends. i felt liberated.

the rest of the term was just mainly study and play.. nothing really exciting. i made a real new friend - joel! he was tim's friend. we would talk online and on the phone. could really click with him. not many people around can do that to me.

came back to sg for the july holidays. nothing much really, except the then attached mr chia decided to ask me out for lunch. which i gladly went for. and we sat together on the flight back because he volunteered to do phone check in for me. i didn't really suspect anything. what's there to suspect of a guy who was attached??

and then it was all a blurry of events, which ended with me being his girlfriend. and we have been trying to learn more about each other ever since. it is a constant learning curve which i think i have adapted and integrated very well into my life. we spent quite alot of time together, especially during school days. some part of me felt that i have neglected my other friends. but i don't know. i will try to meet up with them more often i suppose? it's hard maintaining good close friends when you are attached, but i will never be one of those people who forsake their friends for their other half!

final exams at the end of the year was quite a killer. and i must truly thank god that, despite my inconsistency in studying and my last-minute crazy cramming.. that i passed my exams! wooh. and that my other singaporean friends also passed. yeayyy. *waves flag of victory*

and i shifted out of my place and all my stuff ended up in victor's living room. haha. shortly after, fidel and hong and her 5 friends came over to adelaide!! it was really nice having them around. travelling to different places and doing things that we would not have done if we were in singapore. went over to sydney with victor and fidel and tiffany and hong... sydney was nice. but my heart belongs to adelaide. the loner quiet small place that hardly qualifies as a city.

and now,december has come.. and is almost over. i sit in my study room typing away at my laptop. wondering how a year could have just zoomed past me just like that. 2005 has been rather smooth-sailing. 2005 has been a good year. i gained some knowledge, gained more white hair, gained a boyfriend... i am contented with the way things turned out at the end. and i do hope that 2006 will promise to be a great year too!...

No comments: