Saturday, August 05, 2006

Mee Chiang Kueh

Hello I am Mee Chiang Kueh. Also known as Mun Chiang Kueh, Mey Cheang Kueh. Whatever you call me, I usually ignite a peanuty and sweet thought in your mind. I am usually sold in the market or hawker centre, perfect for a weekend brunch. I am crunchy yet soft and fluffy.
This is Victor, who is pretending to cook me. Daphne is the one who made all the ingredients, while Victor posed for the photo. But the pan belongs to him, so that's some credit.
This is me, almost ready. Sitting quietly on the crepe pan while I brown and turn crispy.
Daphne was very innovative. Inside of stuffing me with peanuts and sugar, she made me savoury by putting ham and cheese. I think the change of personality was refreshing. I was yummilicious!
I am also extremely versatile. Victor thought that I could be good friends with ice-cream. Ice cream was a little cold towards me initially, but I think we are quite compatible for eating purposes.
This is some of me. Bitemarks courtesy of Daphne Law.
And ta-da! Me in my full glory. Have some of me today!

No comments: