Tuesday, March 25, 2008

*sniff*

I got a call from Christine Egglestone saying that they were unable to organise for me to do rural GP afterall. I kind of had a hunch about things, seeing how I did not get any information at all regarding the rotation.

Firstly, I'm peeved that it took that THIS long to come tell me that hey, sorry mate, no place for you. It's already Tuesday today and the rotation is due to start next Monday. Secondly, I had a pretty good list of other MSAs that I could have choose from - ID, hematology, forensic pathology and what nots. BUT I CHOSE to do rural GP. just simply because I wanted to! plus all that crap about how good the country is and blah blah blah. So I'm mighty disappointed. If you allow 4 students to sign on for each rotation, shouldn't the rural coordinator be able to accommodate for that number?

Anyhow, after receiving the sad news from Christine, I got an equally sad email from the rural coordinator, Marie Smith.

Hello Daphne

I am so sorry for leaving it this late but i have tried to find a rural placement
for you but most practices already have enough students or the GPs are going on
leave so it hs proven to be very difficult. Christine Eggleston from MLTU will be
finding an urban placement for you as there is plenty of places available. She will
be in contact with you very soon.

regards


Anyhow, I stood by my choice and refused to do a urban GP rotation. So now, Christine is going to try put me up for some rotations at the RAH.

Everything is in limbo at the moment. So so so annoying.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

poor Daphne~!! HOW could they!! I'm very dissappointed at their organisation!!

I hope you get a good rotation at RAH!!