Tuesday, November 29, 2005

homeward bound

another 48 hrs and daph will be on her way home!! im quite excited actually because i am getting bored of my life in australia already. but poor me has to come down with a flu. no, i am not going to even pretend to try to self-diagnose. it's just one of those flu/cold/cough shitty things. right now, i cannot hear nor taste properly. this is getting distressing. argh.

went to the market to check out the prices of mangoes and cherries, guess im gonna just buy mangoes this time around. plus my 6 bottles of wine, bags of dried fruits, chocs, other odds and ends. oh, plus my laptop!! haha... that should do it. just had a scary thought: imagine the amount of shit that i have to bring back at the end of my course... 6 yrs worth of shit. oh man. terrible thought. *erase

had a wonderful dinner last night.. which was my last night in sydney as well. went to prime restaurant at the GPO at Martin's place. wow the place certainly lived up to its name of being one of the best steak places in sydney. i had my steak medium.. and it was cooked but still very much tender and melt-in-ur-mouth. it managed to blow me away. definitely one of the best steaks i ever had! the starters were interesting..i exchanged my french onion soup for vic's open ravioli thingy because the ox-tail part of the soup was just too much for me. we shared a dessert which funny enough, we found the little decorations and sauces more interesting than the actual sorbet and fruits we ordered. haha. cheap thrill.

had a nice walk back to the hostel... and yes. ALOT of walking involved in sydney. i only took a train on one day to the beach, and 2 ferries on the last day to the different bays. other than that, i had to rely on my legs. walk walk walk... haha. it gets nice after a while. hee. and a good way to explore the city at ur own pace. except victor scolds me if i walk too slow and get distracted by silly things.. and i always insist on taking pics of nonsensical stuff.

oh btw i saw a chocolate fountain in this choc shop!! so cool. reminds me of willy wonka. haha. how i wish i am a ompah-lompah. hee.

No comments: