Tuesday, February 19, 2008

cardio!

i wished my hours spent in the hospital weren't so damn long. I was at the hospital for 11 hours today. I'm not sure about you but that is bloody long. My feet aches and my brain is off to bed. Oh well, I did learn stuff.

Oh oh oh! and I TAUGHT and supervised the 4th year student who was on cardiology with me how to put in gelcos!! (iv catheters) He failed the first 2 times but managed it pretty smoothly on the 3rd try. I must admit the first 2 attempts were on old and wrinkly patients with poor skin elasticity and texture. I was abit apprehensive when he asked if I could put the gelcos instead. My mind was thinking "if I bloody don't get it this, I am going to look so so so dumb." THANKFULLY i got it in, and the 4th year thought i did a sleek job! *giggles to self* Oh well, i know i know. I'm so easily amused.

We also introduced ourselves to Prof (of cardiology) and all he said was "Welcome and I hope you survive this rotation."

So promising.

And during the afternoon unit meeting, angiograms were doing their little dances in front of my eyes. Rexson (4th year student) and I kept questioning each other. Top questions included:

"Is there a stenosis?"

"Where the heck is the lesion?"

and best of all...

"is that the right or left circulation?" -.- you can tell how good we are at cardiology hey.

Alrighty i have to go.

lup dup lup dup...whooooosh!

No comments: