Sunday, February 10, 2008

new chinese year.


Well, I did spend some good time with the med peeps for reunion dinner. But most of thursday and friday were spent running around the PICU. quite a few interesting cases and they all kept me busy. I'm starting to feel a teeny bit sad because I only have a week left in PICU! This has thus far been a really enjoyable elective. Not sure how I'd rate it, it's definitely better than my MHU and SHU rotations, as well as my previous electives (neurosurgery and radiation oncology). I'm not even sure myself what a 'good' elective/rotation means.

Good teaching?
Good learning environment?
Good medical team?
Good timetable?
Good ... food? coffee?
Good fellow medical students?

Well, I'm the only lone med student in PICU. The nurses are extremely dedicated. The consultants are fabulously knowledgeable. PICU is like this little small bubble of a really good place. I get to run around the place checking up on patients. I chase up blood results, call the lab, amongst other brainless stuff. Oh wells, but I still find it fun. I must be getting weird.

Anyway, my cousin just sent me some pics from home. Oh I do miss celebrating CNY at home! In fact, I miss celebrating this more than say christmas or other ang-mohed holidays. oh wells, it proves to show i'm still cheena at heart. heh. but anyway, my very talent cousin did something to the colour bit of the pictures. they look cool, don't they? And my granny's very artistic maid has made numerous red packets dangle from every nook and corner.

Alrighty, enough crap. Time to go!

No comments: