Tuesday, February 05, 2008

what to do?

I got to do an external elective at the start of next year. It can be almost anywhere in the world except in Adelaide. I have thought about it and decided it would be (in no order of preference)

Singapore - because it's home and I don't have to spend extra on accomodation. My mummy will feed me. However, SG doctors have previously irked me. My 3 weeks in SGH did not bring back too many fond memories.

Australia (another state) - environment is familar enough but yet still interesting. Melbourne? Perth?

USA - the good places have solid foundation in research, supposedly good teaching. And I can tour USA when I am done with the elective! Downside: probably one of the most expensive options.

India - cheap? Many patients, maybe more hands-on experience. Can also tour india, ride animals, blah blah.

I guess I would just speak to my parents and see what they say. Sometimes life has too many choices. *sigh*

Anyone with an opinion?

No comments: