Saturday, August 20, 2005

pitter patter rain drop.. pitter patter rain drop.

it's been raining alot lately. The rain droplets are tiny and scattered. Just a light shower most of the time. I miss the big thunderstorms and lightning strikes we get in Singapore. and it was such occasions that take us far away from the torture of heat and humidity. When you can huddle under your sheets and feel nice and snuggly for a good afternoon nap. Whilst at the same time.. you would be able to hear the roaring thunder making its debut right outside your window, and the lightning accompanying it in its rock band performance..as perfect lighting.

I miss rainy days at my granny's place the most. When I could spend the afternoon with sleepy eyes, half nodding off to dreamland..and simultaneously catching glimsp of those cheesy boring channel 8 shows on tv... and the best part of this...would probably be smelling the gastronomical delights coming from the kitchen as my granny prepares dinner. When my granny would pull me back into the world by the gentle nudging of her hands, hands that have prepared countless meals for me.

I miss rainy days.

No comments: